Daily intermittent fasting
"Fasting means activating the body's ability to heal, protect, regenerate and rejuvenate itself."
Valter Longo, Professor of Gerontology and Biology at the University of Southern California
THIS IS WHY FASTING
Autophagy: detox for your cells
Fasting activates our autophagy. Autophagy is our body's own cellular cleansing process in which cells break down and recycle damaged components to maintain cell function and improve cell health. This process helps to prevent cell damage and reduce the risk of age-related diseases.
For the next 30 days, we would like to motivate you to practice 16/8 interval fasting. This means that you fast for 16 hours every day. Proceed as follows:
- Determine your fasting time. For example: Eat your last meal for the day by 8pm and fast overnight until 12 noon the next day.
- Water, black coffee and unsweetened teas are also allowed during the fasting window.
- Don't forget to take your supplements from epigenics® every day. By the way, these do not break your fast, so you can take them with water every morning as usual.
Health benefits of fasting
Scientific evidence shows that intermittent fasting offers a variety of health benefits, particularly in terms of longevity and disease prevention. A comprehensive reviewpublished in the New England Journal of Medicine and conducted by the National Institute on Aging, highlights that intermittent fasting can help with conditions such as obesity, diabetes, cardiovascular disease, cancer and neurological disorders.
Interestingly, the main mechanism behind these benefits is not necessarily weight loss, but a metabolic switch. During fasting, the body switches its energy source from glucose stored in the liver to ketones stored in fat. This process, known as ketogenesis, initiates activities in various cellular signaling pathways that affect health and aging, improves glucose regulation, increases stress resistance and suppresses inflammation.
Autophagy, another important biological process associated with fasting, plays an essential role in longevity and health. Autophagy is a cellular cleansing process in which cells break down and recycle damaged components to maintain cell function and improve cell health. This process helps to prevent cell damage and reduce the risk of age-related diseases.
Fasting has been shown in numerous studies identified as an effective trigger for autophagy. During fasting, especially intermittent fasting, food intake is restricted, which leads to a lack of energy in the cells. This deficiency activates autophagy as cells begin to use their own damaged or dysfunctional components as an energy source. This increased autophagy activity during fasting contributes to cell renewal and the prevention of cell damage, which in turn can promote health and longevity.
A study from the Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health also shows how intermittent fasting and the manipulation of mitochondrial networks in cells can increase lifespan and promote health. This study, published in Cell Metabolism, found that dietary restriction or genetic manipulations that mimic it can increase lifespan and promote health by influencing dynamic changes in the shape of mitochondrial networks and their longevity.
(1) Find the right fasting window: Are you more of a breakfast person or do you prefer to eat your last meal late in the evening? Set your fasting window to best suit your lifestyle and habits.
(2) Consistency is key: Regularity during intermittent fasting can help your body and metabolism get used to the new rhythm.
(3) Drink enough water: During the fasting period, it is important to drink plenty of water to maintain hydration.
(4) Eat a healthy diet at mealtimes: Use mealtimes to eat a balanced diet of whole foods and healthy fats. Avoid "compensating" for the fasting period by overeating.
(5) Listen to your body: Pay attention to your body's signals. If you feel weak or unwell, adjust your fasting window accordingly. If you are completely new to fasting, you can also start with a shorter fasting window of 12 hours and work your way up to 16 hours over the 30 days.
Zell Boost contains spermidine. Just like fasting, spermidine is an activator of autophagy (read more about this here ). This means that with Zell Boost you can enhance the positive effects of fasting even further.
Both Zell Boost and Kollagen Plus contain valuable micronutrients that your body needs every day to perform all its biological functions. By replenishing your nutrient stores every day, you ensure that you are not lacking anything even during periods of fasting.
Further resources on the topic of fasting
Harvard Gazette: In Pursuit of Healtyh Aging
Ageing Research Reviews: The effect of fasting or calorie restriction on autophagy induction: A review of the literature
National Institute of Ageing: Research on intermittent fasting shows health benefits
The health-promoting practices outlined here are based on scientific findings. However, every person is different. If you feel uncomfortable with any of the challenges, you are free to skip them at any time. If you have any questions about your personal health, we recommend that you contact your doctor.
2nd month: Cold therapy
What doesn't kill us makes us stronger. This proverb also has its application in biology. Through the targeted use of cold, we strengthen our body and set powerful rejuvenation processes in motion. We will show you how.